- Everyone has an instinct about when something isn’t quite right in their home. You feel something is watching you or you are not alone.
- Items that belong to you have gone unexplainably missing or they show up in places that you would never have put them.
- You hear noises that have no rational explanation to them like moaning, whispering, scratching, and your name being called by someone unrecognizable. You feel something brush by you…
- You feel something touch you or pull your hair and no one is there. Or, you have a “cobwebby” feeling on your face or arms and yet there are no spider webs around.
- You see images, usually shadow-like; go by, out of the corner of your eye. Some people see mist-like formations in the room or, very rarely, glowing round floating balls of energy termed “orbs”.
- The temperature in an area or a room becomes unusually cold for no reason. Even turning on the fireplace or furnace does nothing to warm that area up. Or, sometimes there is an abrupt change where the temperature goes up 10 degrees and heats up the room.
- Your pets or children will not stay or go into a certain room. They usually have the capabilities of seeing ghosts, unlike most adults who are in a state of disbelief, denial or just not sensitive enough.
- Unusual conflicts that come up between people and an odd change in personality; insomnia, feeling ill but you don’t know what is making you sick. Strange or disgusting smells that are coming from closets, basements, bedrooms and there is no rotting garbage or any other rational explanations for the smell.
Why do some people see spirits while others never have a paranormal experience in their lives? We get asked this a lot. We don’t have a “scientific” answer for it.
Some people have different abilities such as hearing spirits talk (clairaudient), feeling spirits around or near them (clairsentience), smelling scents or things which are not physically there (clairalience).
I (Paranormal Rona) am able to “see” spirits, sometimes with my eyes open, but usually the eyes are closed. I get a little bursts of information from them and a general, albeit sometimes hazy image, of what they look like. I will have a new article coming up explaining how different people see spirits.
I have been seeing, hearing and feeling spirits ever since I was a wee child. I had an “imaginary friend” but actually it was a spirit of a man who I used to talk to when I was 2-3 years old. Children don’t have that blockage that we adults form. We try to rationalize incidents and occurrences where strange paranormal and spooky stuff happens. Children just accept what they see at face value. Autistic children have an amazing ability to connect with spirits. The majority have psychic abilities and they aren’t fearful of the spirit world.
Parents should be more open to what their children are telling them. If a child wakes up in the night and says “there is a man standing in the corner of my room” there is a great possibility that one is.We dismiss incidents like that so quickly. Because we don’t see it for ourselves, or our religious or scientific beliefs forbid something like that, we tell our kids to “stop making things up” or “there’s no such thing”.
It’s confusing and upsetting when no one will believe that you have seen some dark lurking entity in the corner of your bedroom and also, there is no one who will help get rid of it!! Subsequently, SOME children will develop the ability to totally block any spirit communication that happens, and thus when they are adults, do not experience any paranormal events.
There will be children who will adapt and continue to see ghosts AND even be able to filter what and when they see them. And some will continue to see ghosts and NOT be able to shut it down or turn it off.
So the next time your son or daughter tells you there is something under the bed or in the corner of the room, give them the benefit of the doubt – don’t tell them they are being silly or discount the fact that it doesn’t exist because YOU can’t see it.
Went to a 50th birthday party out in Spruce Grove, Alberta some years ago. It was at a friend’s sister’s place. Her parents and sister’s family along with many friends attended and we partied in the basement of the house. The window’s in the picture facing out of the basement do not have any obstructions. There are NO statues, hedges, bushes or flowers, outside the windows that would cause this strange phenomena appearing in the window.
If you look at each scene, you see it materializing bit by bit. And he’s a funny little guy – he has Arnold Schwarzenegger arms, a small fox or some animal type head, and what looks like a white shirt on, showing off his well-muscled arm.
Sometimes spirits like to screw with us. Especially in our photos. They love to appear in windows; inside and outside of buildings. Why they appear to us in some of the forms they choose, is to either instil fear, be humorous or, just downright confuse us.